To tie in with our city blog this month, we have put together a short break in Madrid to co-incide with the festival of their patron saint on 15th May, San Isidro Festival.
It’s Madrid’s largest festival, and music and dancing is everywhere.
The festival begins with a procession of giants and cabezudos ( costumed figures with oversized papier maché heads), followed by an opening speech in the Plaza Mayor. For over a week the city is alive with music, dancing, flamenco and latin rythms. There are varied cultural events, concerts and art exhibitions all over the city. Something for all interests and all age groups.
It is a great time to visit Madrid and join the locals in entertainment and partying in their city’s public spaces.
May is also a great month to visit Madrid as the weather should be warm and sunny without reaching the sweltering heat of the summer months.
How to get there: Flights direct from Dublin (2hr 35min approx)
We’ve Put Together A Few Travel Perfect Options For Madrid for May 2020:
14 May 3 nights 10 kgs carry, seats and Priority boarding, flights ex Dublin
– 5* b&b Melia Madrid Princessa €495.00 pp
– includes a 2 day Madrid hop on hop off Double decker bus tour (The luxury Meliá Madrid Princesa Hotel is located just minutes from the Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and the main museums and cultural attractions)
Reduce price by choosing a different hotel, still well located:
- 4* b&b Mercure Madrid Plaza De Espana €435.00 pp
- 3* b&b Principe Pio €399.00 pp
- Both still include 2 day Madrid hop on hop off Double decker bus tour